Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008: 10 Years in the Business

For the first time, I invited my Mom over on Sunday evening. She usually cooks for the crowd on Mother's Day, but everyone else was working, including my dad, so I stepped in and made the meal. My dear husband grilled a pork tenderloin, which was flavorful and tender. I filled in with vegetables and the fabulous green salad with raspberry vinaigrette. Dessert was a choice of yellow layer cake with chocolate frosting or chocolate-dipped strawberries.


Menu
Green Salad with Grapes, Cheese, Walnuts and Raspberry Vinaigrette
Grilled Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
Southern Style Snap Beans
Mashed Potatoes with Homemade Gravy
Dessert
Homemade Yellow Layer Cake with Rich & Buttery Chocolate Frosting
Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
Mom and I caught up while we did dishes. I sent a care package home for Dad. It was just another Sunday, but it was a very good day because I have a Mom and I am a Mom.

1 comment:

Amy said...

It was a very good day because I have a Mom and I am a Mom.

Indeed! Happy Mother's Day!