All that's missing is a swimsuit and sunscreen! Everything that means summer to me is in this week's CSA box from Farmer's Fresh:
1. Four organic peaches. Someday soon I'll tell the story of my red clay South Carolina childhood and why I get so excited about the first peaches of the summer. (and if I'm lucky enough to find Sunny Slopes, I get all teary.)
2. A pint of blackberries (goodness knows, I have enough of these growing by my driveway, but these are certainly prettier.
3. Two cute eggplant (ratatouille will be on the menu this week!)
4. A fragrant bunch o'basil.
5. An assortment of sweet peppers.
6. Two big and a half dozen small tomatoes.
7. A storage onion and its baby cousin.
I can't wait to cook with all of this incredible produce!