Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tyler Florence, All Week Long


Food Network Chef Tyler Florence & me, July 2010.

It's hard to believe that this was two months ago, but in July, I had the opportunity to meet and talk to Food Network Chef Tyler Florence when he made an appearance at Macy's Lenox Square. I wrote a couple Examiner.com stories at the time and posted a picture on A Cook and Her Book's Facebook page, but put the interview notes away for another day. Well, my friends, after two months, I think today's the day, or maybe I should say this week's the week.

Each day this week, I will feature a picture and a snippet of Tyler Florence's wisdom and ways in the kitchen. I was a fan of his casual, fresh American style before the Macy's event, and I'm even more impressed now - Florence is a businessman, family man and as entertaining to watch in person as on television.

First up: Tyler on his secret to success: "Most industry guys have spent their lives in the kitchens and they speak that language."

His job, whether writing cookbooks or demonstrating recipes is to translate restaurant ideas to the home kitchen. "My cookbooks start at home. I ask "is it simple?"

More posts on Tyler:

1. Tyler Florence on his mission.

2. Tyler on Southern Food favorites.

3. Tyler on why he won't be your Facebook friend.

4. Tyler on his new book coming out in October.

5. Tyler on dining out in America today


Many thanks for Macy's for the terrific pictures from the Culinary Council event.

No comments: