Thursday, July 19, 2012

Antiquing, Atlanta style

Numbers @ Scott Antiques Market. Atlanta. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books
I brought my camera long on our monthly visit to the Scott Antique Market in south Atlanta last weekend. While I like to take pictures of the rusty stuff, my pulse starts racing when I see stacks of vintage linens. Check out my find at the bottom of the post.


Gears. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

More gears. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

Lil' Bit talked about this banana seat bike all the way home. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books





Can I have a hand, anyone? Anyone? Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

Driver & team. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

Underwood manual typewriter. Lucy Mercer/a Cook and Her Books

Vintage orange glassware. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

Oil burner box. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books





Side of oil burner box. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

Jack O'Lanterns. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

My favorite red mailbox is still there. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


Rusty gears. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her books

More iron oxide. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books




Love makes our house a home. Well said. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

Found the blue linens to match my casserole dish! Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books
Text and images copyright 2012, Lucy Mercer.


Do you like antiquing? What do you look for at antiques markets?

2 comments:

Richard Moore said...

Love the pictures. Your blog is always a pleasure! My wife and I love antiquing. The Shenandoah Valley of Virginia where we live has a multitude of antique shops and malls as well as "junk shops" and flea markets, which we love as well.

One long time favorite in the Atlanta area is Kudzu in Decatur. Here is a link to their website
http://www.kudzuantiques.com/

Richard A. Moore
Lexington, VA

Lucy Mercer said...

Thanks, Richard, for such a sweet comment. And thanks for the recommendation for Kudzu ~ I'll have to check it out!