Sunday, March 23, 2008

More from the Bedside Table

1. "More Home Cooking" by Laurie Colwin. Featuring essays on duck, making your own yogurt, and at least two recipes using lima beans (so far).

2. Damon Lee Fowler's "New Southern Cooking." I've probably had it for 5 years and I'm just now reading it.

3. Damon Lee Fowler's "New Southern Baking." I needed more guilt, so I bought a second book by an author I know I should be reading.

4. "Around the Southern Table" by Sarah Belk. Very informative and fresh take on Southern standbys.

5. "Debt to Plesaure" by John Lanchester. Very engaging prose. I've had this ARC edition for nearly 10 years - how can I not have picked it up before now? It's so good!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I grew up in Georgia. I'm a southern food girl at heart, even though I've moved on.